Monday, October 24, 2011

52 Journals Project

I dove into the deep end and committed to a fantastic endeavor. A number of weeks ago I began this project and am creating one piece per week for the next year, ending with 52 pieces that are uniform in shape (8" X 10"). There are a total of 20 artists in this private group from all over the country. As I create autobiographical work, the imagery in each piece was inspired by something I've experienced, seen, talked about, or felt. I'll post more as I go so that you can see! Enjoy and let me know what you think! :)

Week 6: "Forest of Blues"

Week 5: "Aloha"


Week 4: "Studio Cat"

Week 3: "Skyway"

Week 2: "Octopus Sleeper"

Week 1: "Hidden Secrets & Spoken Lies" 

4 comments:

  1. WOW...that's the only word that comes to mind. Your work is exquisite and the emotion behind the pieces are palpable. I feel honored to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a big project, Miss Juno! Good for you! These are wonderful, and I'm so glad they're personal diary images. What a way to have a record of a year of one's life! Good luck and love, Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful challenge. I love your pieces....and it's hard to believe you knocked 'em out in a week's time. Great job, Juno.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still moving along on this project...as we speak! Life gets in the way sometimes and now I must catch up with what is in the sketchbook - and what is in my mind to do!

    ReplyDelete

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...