Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Turtle Art Camp 2011!!!

Last night I arrived at Susan Shie's Turtle Art Camp. As an alumni who is coming back, the format is more of an independent study. Susan is so gracious about sharing her work and thoughts. The time spent here has had my mind moving from the second I hit the door. Her passion and ability to love and live life is contagious and I feel like a puzzle piece that just fits. I'll share sketches and experiences as the week moves along.
The piece I will be working on will be larger than I typically work and I plan on using different techniques, intermixing a graphic and painterly influence. The sketch below is a rough of the final piece. Changes will be made as the give and take of problem solving arises. We'll see how it transforms!


I was even able to have a model! :) This was the "Godzilla Groom" that stood atop Susan & Jimmy's Wedding cake. They made the outfits themselves. I'll have to take a pic of the bride and groom together. In the background is Otis, my love buddy and wonder cat who came in to snuggle with me in the Lily of the Valley room this morning.

Well, off to airbrush like a wild woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...