Sunday, March 20, 2011

"New Light of Day" :)

Hello everyone. :)
This piece has had a long journey. It began with 9/11. Two months after the attack I began trying to piece together some semblence of understanding and created the gold silk portion of this piece. It is sewn with organza and I then burned through the organza with a soldering iron. I had pinned fabrics behind it, but it never felt or looked right to me. I kept it with my fabrics and unfinished pieces for ten years, pulling it out from time to time, still never satisfied. Finally, the year of the anniversary of 9/11 it came to me. I have a much better stash to play with now and the image just fell together. After the move I'm looking forward to setting up a better setup for photographing my work, but I think the photos show how I deviated from my own norm - no hand stitching! This piece along with the pear piece are going to be entered into an upcoming show. I'll keep you posted to see if they made it in! :)

"New Light of Day"
Completed 3.6.2011  
13" X 12"



Back of the work
 I thought the back of the work was really interesting....and it gets me thinking about the upcoming SAQA call for entry involving structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...