Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Nevermore"

I loved working on this little piece! It is 12" x 12" and, yes, I'm back to hand stitching parts of my pieces. I actually started it as a possible entry with a play on words with scale, but I wasn't happy with it in time for the entry so I made it more of my own. :) I particularly identify with ravens and blackbirds so it was a natural choice of subject for me. In a number of weeks I'm about to embark on a wonderful journey - we'll be moving and I will start the adventure of being a full time artist. The piece says how I feel at the moment and is as if he is swinging the cage attempting to escape to fly into the wide blue open. The curtains were from some hand dyed fabric I bought one year at QSDS and the rest of the subject matter was painted with watered down acrylics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


I, like many others, have been very affected by the disaster in Japan and am still trying to process that into visual form. I hope to create pieces in the future about this topic. I send every Japanese citizen healing and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...