Monday, July 26, 2010

"Here's To Perfect Evenings!"

I recently finished this piece, "Here's To Perfect Evenings!". The painting of it started many moons ago and was placed on the shelf like a long lost book. From time to time I would revisit to stitch a part here or a part there, only to place it back on its shelf with a sense of it not feeling just 'right'. I finally sorted out what I disliked about how it was progressing and plowed through it to complete it this past week. It is entirely hand painted and stitched. The edging, which cannot be seen in this photo is two strips of bright silks that compliment the shown colors. I'm going to have to become much more prolific or grow 7 more arms to keep up- as my husband, Donovan, keeps picking out where things need to hang in the house. There will be no space left on our walls by the time I'm done and there will be plenty for exhibits!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...