Friday, July 30, 2010

"It's The Little Things"

What a gorgeous day it was today. The past few days have been spent completing this piece, "It's The Little Things".  I sat stitching with the windows open and a nice breeze blowing through the house while the cats snoozed in the open windows. This piece started off when I was in conversation with a few people about coffee and how people can be very dedicated to that cuppa, sometimes displaying addictive behaviors when they don't get it in the morning! I undertook the airbrushing with a sense of humor and this was the result. It is machine quilted with couching and hand stitching atop.


I have to say the momentum of completing pieces is really going at a steady clip. I'd like to get a few more done in the next couple of weeks - mainly some of the UFO's that are lurking from nooks and crannies in the studio. I have ideas milling about about more serious topics, but I feel there are too many unfinished 'thoughts' at the moment. Wish me luck and I hope to show you more very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...