Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Karma Kat

This evening I just finished a small whimsical piece of Karma Kat, a character I created a couple of summers ago at Susan Shie's Turtle Art Camp. If you ever have the means to go - do it. I've attended twice and it was truly inspiring. This piece was drawn with an airpen. It was drawn on a practice piece of cotton that was in a packed box of fabric I recently discovered. I pulled it out this week, painted it and hand stitched it. It will more than likely be framed for our house and will appear on business cards.
Karma Cat is a lovable, playful little scamp but watch out - she has claws!
The character was originally modeled after our one cat, Mollycat, but our second addition, Meridith, has really grown into the mischievous side of her.

Mollycat   Meridith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...