Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SAQA Donation

Recently I created a piece as a donation for the online auction for the Studio Art Quilt Associates. Please check out their website as there were nearly 300 donations from many amazing artists and the work is very beautiful. My piece was created out of my feelings about connecting with nature. I have an affinity for bodies of water and the peacefulness that it brings. In looking at the pond at my parent's house I was inspired by the ripples that ebbed out from a leaf when it fell onto the surface. In playing with my new machine I started to play with different stitches in the background. The leaf and some of the ripples were hand stitched to give a different texture. It was great fun creating this and gave me the opportunity to see the effects of overlaying stitches on the new machine. I was just getting her warmed up! (My new machine's name is Doris).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artist Trading Cards

Playing around with some artist trading cards tonight for the first time in a long time. Now who to send them to? If anyone wants to ex...